Christmas Half Marathon Challenge
With most people fortunate enough to get a bit of time off between Christmas and New Year, making a commitment to run a HALF MARATHON is the perfect way to avoid the inevitable “Christmas Spread”.
All you need to do is run 21km between Christmas and New Year. You can run in it all in one go or you can split the distance up over the whole week. Runs on treadmills count as well.
To allow us to track progress you’re going to need to log your activities using the Energy Lab Activity tracker (See below)
As recognition for time well spent, participants will receive a unique Energy Lab Athletic Christmas Half Marathon medal.
All proceeds go the John Nugent Memorial Eyecare Foundation, a NPO that screens for preventable eye disease.
How to log your activities (it’s really simple)
1) Download the Energy Lab Co App from the Apple App Store or from the Google Play Store
2) Link the App with your Strava account if you want Strava to automatically share your run with us. Alternatively if you don’t want to go to the trouble of opening a Strava account the App allows you to manually capture the details of your run.
3) Join the Christmas Half Marathon challenge in the App (Look under the challenges tab)
4) Go out between Christmas and New Year and run 21 km in total. (Treadmills are OK). You don’t have to do it all in one go. 3km every day for a week will also get it done. We’re leaving it up to you. All you need to do is make sure you’ve covered 21km before the New Year.
5) After each activity open the app and click on the “Log an activity” button. If you’ve linked your Strava account, you can click on the Strava tab and your activity will get pushed through by Strava. Otherwise you’ll need to enter the details of your activity manually.