HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF EXCERISING DURING LEVEL 5
Restricting exercise to within 5 km of home will change most people’s habits. It’s not unreasonable to feel frustrated by these new measures.
But as restrictive as these new rules may be, they still offer plenty of latitude to do interesting things. In fact, why not see the new restrictions as an opportunity to try something different?
As they say, “CONSTRAINT BREEDS CREATIVITY”
Here are some thoughts and tricks that might help you in that regard.
- This is a great time for exploration: Perfect time to switch things up, and focus more on exploring your local area. Even if you’ve lived in the one suburb for years, chances are you haven’t discovered every nook and cranny. You might be surprised what you find.
- Complete laps of a local loop: Why not create a short local loop that you can ride multiple times?
- Set yourself a climbing challenge: How much climbing can you do in your one hour of training? This challenge can be tailored to suit your tastes.
- Set yourself a distance challenge: This is similar to the above, but maybe more appealing if the idea of an hour of climbing doesn’t really resonate. Just head out and see how many kilometers you can cover in an hour.
- Train indoors: Of course, if you’ve got an indoor trainer and you’re happy spending hours on Zwift then you’re in luck. No need to worry the 5KM rule