Mizen to Malin
The Mizen 2 Malin Virtual Challenge will see you and your friends challenge yourselves on one of Irelands historical routes.
The route explores the beautiful Emerald Isle offering stunning scenery, villages tucked away in the rolling countryside and bustling coastal towns.
Standing stones and monuments can be found along the route. Starting on the famous Mizen Head and heading towards the most Northern point in Ireland. “Be your Best”
- Race Route: Mizen Head to Malin Head
- Distance: 542km in 13 weeks
- € 35 (Includes T-Shirt and Medal)
HOW IT WORKS:
- You’ll need to make your way virtually from Mizen Head Lighthouse to Malin which boils down to 542km
- You have from the 1st of October until 31 December to finish it. That’s 42km a week
- The distance needs to be covered under your own physical power. So basically anything goes – You can cover the distance on a treadmill in the pool out on the road, running/cycling whatever suits your circumstances and abilities.
- You’ll need to log your activities manually using OUR activity tracker, which you’ll find on our home page when the event starts
- Leader boards will be updated daily.
- Medals and shirts will be dispatched within 8 weeks after the conclusion of the event.
- Any disputes or queries will be dealt with by the organisers and their decision will be final
- All participants will be expected to accept the waiver when signing up wherein they acknowledge that they are physically able to participate in the challenge and will not hold the organisers or their agents liable for any injury or death which may result from their participation in the the event.
Logging your Activities
Here’s what you need to do to log your activities and make sure you appear on our leader board and receive the credit you deserve
1) If you haven’t already – SIGN UP FOR A STRAVA ACCOUNT
2) Make sure that you activity tracker (Garmin, Polar or whatever you’re using) is linked to your strava account – It’s not a crisis if you don’t have an activity tracker you can capture you activities manually on you STRAVA profile
5) The STRAVA Group will go live on 1 October (That’s when you request to join will be “accepted”
6) Check back regularly to see how you’re doing
CHALLENGE ENDS IN